Thursday, December 6, 2007

O' Christmas Tree

Living in the state and on a farm sometimes money is tight and you have got to really believe about how you pass your money. Our tradition since we moved here six old age ago is to seek the forest for a Christmastide tree. My hubby apprehensions it so and kicks about it because he grew up with the sham tree. I grew up with the fresh odor of long and spruce up in our house and only rich people could afford the sham trees anyways. Sure we had plenty of Charlie Brown trees but who cares, it was the escapade of determination 1 and cutting it down.

The first few old age the children enjoyed it and we spent many hours looking in the forest for the perfect tree. My husband's idea was why cut down a 20 foot tree and just crop the 6 feet of the top of the tree. Bad to state that is about the lone manner to acquire a natural tree.

Now the two aged children 17 & 15 happen disbursement clip with the household boring, "Why can't we purchase a tree", "It's cold out here, choice anything, just cut a birch tree down, makes it matter? So I took my 9-year-old boy out, he still saw the escapade of determination the tree exciting. We establish one right away and not too deep in the blackberry bushes. So we planned on cutting it down on a Sunday. Sunday's here in Pine Tree State are the best stake since we still have got hunting season for about another week. Lord'S Day finally came and our programs changed since a large wintertime violent storm was coming in and my hubby had to go forth for work early. Well Iodine conjecture we could wait until the adjacent weekend but the tree wasn't all that large around I'm sure we could cut it down ourselves. So as soon as my hubby was off I told the children my superb programs to which the aged children were not as excited as my 9 twelvemonth old and I were. They complained about how cold it was and it would take forever and they didn't desire to walk very far. Well great news it isn't too far a couple of Fields away and it isn't all that large around. So we dug around in the barn for two tomahawks and we were off.

We got to the tree and of course of study I had to hear about the stupid blackberry shrubs and why didn't person do a trail. I didn't state all that much other than muttering why make adolescents have got to be such as political party poopers.

My youngest the gung holmium out-of-door partisan wanted to begin the cut, which he chopped for about five minutes. I believe the aged children started thinking; if we chop up really fast we can acquire done faster. My girl started the adjacent unit of ammunition and she chopped for another 5 proceedings and then my oldest boy continued. They all took bends and we were laughing and joking. Finally we watched the last chop up and the tree started swaying and fell. We chopped it to where we thought was the right length and the two aged children dragged it home. My youngest a small defeated on not being the 1 that got the last chop up was a small disturbance and said so. I told him I saved the most of import occupation was some 1 needed to take the carpenter's saw and do the end even to suit into the stand. His small human face brightened and he was so happy about his of import job.

I think dragging your children kicking and screaming to do a happy memory was deserving the exasperation because during that clip of teamwork and togetherness, no 1 cared about how cold it was, or how many irritants were sticking into your legs. We were as one as a household workings together for the same goal, certain it stops up looking like a Charlie Brown tree all the same but being perfect didn't matter. What mattered is we did it together and that is good adequate for me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home